Shrimp Pesto Zucchini Noodles! Traditional spaghetti is replaced with low carb zucchini noodles. A lighter and healthier spin on spaghetti paired with skillet baked shrimp and homemade spinach walnut pesto. High in protein and healthy fat, this easy 30-minute meal is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
- 3 cups zucchini spiralized, about 2 large zucchinis
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
FOR THE SHRIMP:
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
FOR THE PESTO:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup spinach
- Place the ingredients for the pesto in a blender. Blend on high until smooth then set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon in a large skillet and bring to medium heat. Place the shrimp in the pan, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook the shrimp 3-4 minutes then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes until opaque.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan then add the zucchini noodles into the pan with the pesto. Toss with a tong to evenly coat. Add the shrimp to the pan toss to combine then serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of SkinnyFitALiciousOrder Shrimp