Spaghetti squash can be a very intimidating, big yellow looking thing in the produce section. Next time you see one in season, buy it and try it. The result is very rewarding. This carb friendly, gluten free recipe is delectable and super easy to whip up. After cooking the squash and forking it out, simply top it with these succulent shrimp cooked with a little ghee, onion, and garlic. You can even serve it back inside the squash and call it a "boat"!
- 3/4 lb shrimp (3 packs)
- 2 lbs spaghetti squash, cooked
- 2-3 tbsp ghee
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook spaghetti squash using your preferred method. Once done cooking, let cool then rake a fork back and forth across the squash to remove its flesh into spaghetti-like strands.
- Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper. Cook approximately 6 minutes or until all the shrimp are no longer pink.
- Add spaghetti squash strands to a plate, top with shrimp/ghee sauce. Toss parsley on top before serving.
Recipe Credits: Shannon at www.fitslowcookerqueen.com