Southern Fried Rice
This recipe combines southern flavors with a classic Asian dish. Southern fried rice features steak and Sizzlefish wild gulf shrimp which combined with rice, vegetables and spices, makes for the perfect gluten free healthy dish with a variety of flavors.
- 1 lb Sizzlefish shrimp
- 1 lb sirloin steak, diced
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped or 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Cook brown rice in chicken broth.
- Heat ghee in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the scallions, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Saute until soft about 5 min.
- Add meat, cajun seasoning, paprika, rosemary, salt & pepper. Saute until meat is brown.
- Add shrimp and cook an additional 5 minutes until no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- When rice is done cooking, gently stir in with the rest of the food & serve.
Recipe Credits: Shannon at www.fitslowcookerqueen.com
More from: Gluten Free High Protein Shrimp
Leave a comment