Sweet, spicy, crispy and succulent, this Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Taco recipe is everything you could ask for in a meal!
Let’s talk shrimp, shall we? Wait, let’s talk large, super juicy, fresh shrimp. Here at Sizzlefish, our wild pink shrimp are caught in the Gulf of Mexico and are peeled, deveined and frozen with no additives to supply you with the freshest possible product. A shrimp lover’s dream come true.
Now let’s talk about these Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Tacos. The ingredient list seems a little daunting, but trust us, this recipe is easy to put together since you can work on the sauce and slaw while your shrimp bakes. We opted for baking the shrimp, but you can definitely cook these in a lightly oiled pan as well. However, the ease of baking them means you can eat sooner rather than later, which is always a win around here. Trust us, you are going to want to sink your teeth into these babies a soon as possible. Just think about this combination…that crispy texture of the panko and coconut paired with juicy sweet, shrimp, add in the crunchy fresh slaw and top it with the cool sweet and spicy sauce…YUM!
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Tacos Recipe
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb Shrimp, defrosted and patted dry with paper towels
- 2 tsp Season Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 TBSP Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Flour
Sweet and Spicy Sauce
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 TBSP Sriracha
- 2 TBSP Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Coconut Aminos or Honey
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 cups Slaw Mix
- 2 TBSP Sweet and Spicy Sauce
- 2 TBSP Lime Juice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Flour or Soft Corn Tortillas
- Fresh Lime Wedges
- Diced Yellow Peppers
- Fresh Cilantro
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400°.
- Place shrimp in a bowl. Evenly coat with season salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the panko and coconut.
- Place the egg in another bowl, whisk the yolk and white until smooth.
- Place the flour in a separate bowl.
- Taking one shrimp at a time, place it in the flour, shake off access. Next dip the shrimp in the egg and then evenly coat with panko crumbs. Place the shrimp on the parchment lined baking sheet. Continue with all of the shrimp giving them a little space on the baking sheet so they aren’t touching.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes checking to make sure they are firm to the touch and opaque in the center.
- While the shrimp bakes, make the sauce by whisking the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, rice vinegar, coconut aminos (or honey) and a pinch of salt together. Put aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the slaw, sweet and spicy sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- When shrimp are done, heat tortillas in a dry skillet. Evenly distribute the slaw mix in the tortillas, place shrimp on the slaw, garnish with avocado and peppers, drizzle with sauce over the top and serve with a lime wedge.
Order Wild Gulf Shrimp