A simple Almond Flour Soft Shell Crab recipe pan-fried in coconut oil and seasoned with oregano. A healthier version of a crab you can feel good about eating.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 soft shell crabs
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- coconut oil for frying
How to Make It
- Place coconut oil in a frying pan and bring to a medium-high heat.
- Place the crabs between two paper towels and pat them very dry. Set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Place egg in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk the egg wash until frothy.
- On a large plate, add the flour, oregano, salt and pepper. Sift the ingredients together to blend them well.
- Place a crab in the egg wash then immediately in the flour mixture. Coat both sides well then immediately place in the frying pan. Repeat for all crabs.
- Cook 2-3 minutes then carefully flip the crab with a tongs cooking another 1-2 minutes until lightly browned on both sides.