Delicious Chesapeake Bay Soft Shell Crab
One package contains your choice of two dozen Prime sized, soft shell blue crabs, packed individually into vacuum-sealed packages with 2-3 crabs per pack. We source our crab from the waters of the Chesapeake Bay's Eastern Shore, where the art of selecting shedding crabs for the perfect soft shell has been practiced by the local watermen for generations.
What are Softshell Crabs?
Soft shells are crabs that have moulted (shed their hard shell). If caught within 12 hours of shedding, the crabs are very soft, so that soft shell crabs can be cooked and eaten whole, claw to claw (once the crabs are 'cleaned' after catching). Our Sizzlefish soft shell crabs are prepared, frozen, individually wrapped when they arrive to you so that you can cook them within minutes!
Shipping is free on all orders. We will ship your package via FedEx Ground*, unless your location is west coast in which case we will automatically ship with FedEx Express for a 2 to 3 day Transit. Your package will take 1 to 3 days to arrive to you once it is shipped. We do not ship across weekends because shipping time extends past the effectiveness of dry ice.
We are unable to ship to PO boxes or FPO or APO addresses. Currently we are able to ship only to continental US addresses.
- Orders placed on Monday thru Wednesday will ship same day if placed before 12pm.
- Orders placed after 12pm Monday thru Tuesday will be shipped the following day.
- Orders placed on Wednesday after 12pm thru Sunday will ship Monday, with the following exception:
- Orders placed on Wednesday thru Thursday before 12pm within (NC, SC & VA only) will ship same day, since delivery takes one day.
* FedEx Ground is our standard, cost-effective shipping. If you prefer to be shipped via FedEx 2-day (and you are not located on the west coast) or Next Day Express, please call or email us via our Contact page.
We’re supporting healthy, abundant oceans by partnering with the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch® program, and we're making changes to source only environmentally responsible seafood. Learn more at seafoodwatch.org