Copper River King Salmon
Copper River King Salmon
- 4 to 6 Oz+ Portions
- Shipped on First-Come First Serve Basis - Determined By Weekly Catch Weight
- Individually Packaged Portions
- 3 to 4 Portions Per Lb
- Free Nationwide shipping On Orders $100+
A One of a Kind Delicacy
What Makes Copper River Salmon Special?
Wild Salmon are unique in that they begin life in fresh water. Once hatched, they make their way out to the ocean where they continue to grow for several years. When fully mature, the adult Salmon begins the journey back up the stream to breed and lay new eggs. During the arduous trip upstream, salmon do not feed. Instead, they rely on fat stores to provide energy for the epic journey.
This is where Copper River King Salmon are standouts. The Copper River is 290 miles long, draining 24,000 square miles of Alaska including the melt-water from several glaciers. The river drops 12 feet per mile, moving its great volume of water at 7 miles per hour. In terms of water discharge, it ranks as the tenth-largest river in the US. Because of the sheer size of this famous Alaska river, Copper River Salmon must store a significant amount of energy (omega-rich fats) to swim upstream and breed. This is why Copper River Salmon has the reputation of being the fattest and richest flavored Salmon there is.
Our Copper River King Salmon is caught right at the mouth of the Copper River, yielding fillet cuts that are delicious and provide outstanding health benefits! Share this fish with friends, and stock up for yourself.
Note: We do our best to remove all bones from this item. However, please note that the occasional small pin bone may be present.
Sticker Shock? This is in fact one of the most expensive (And best tasting) cuts of fish out there. If you're looking for a regular Alaska King Salmon, you can find it here.
- Orders placed on Monday will ship same day if placed before 8:00 AM ET.
- Orders placed on Tuesday thru Wednesday will ship same day if placed before 12pm ET.
- Orders placed after 12pm ET Tuesday will be shipped the following day.
- Orders placed on Wednesday after 12pm thru Sunday will ship Monday, with the following exception:
- Orders placed on Wednesday thru Thursday before 12pm within (NC, SC & VA only) will ship same day, since delivery takes one day.
Copper River King Salmon Nutrition Information
Seafood ordered from Sizzlefish should be kept frozen until ready for preparation. Items can be stored frozen for up to 12 months, but are best if consumed within 6 months of purchase.
The best way to thaw our seafood is to remove the product from the original packaging, place it in a plastic bag, and allow it to thaw in the refrigerator for about 6 hours. If you require faster thawing, we recommend placing the product into a non-vacuum sealed bag and placing it in cool water for around thirty minutes to an hour.