Paella in the slow cooker? Yes! Chicken and seafood are used in this easy and healthy version of paella that cooks in just a couple of hours time.
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
1/2 lb chorizo cut into 1-inch rounds
1/4 lb shrimp
1/4 lb mussels
1 small onion, diced
1/4 cup peas
15 ounces diced tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/ tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp pepper
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT chicken thighs and shrimp to the slow cooker.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add the chicken thighs on top.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 or Low 6-8 hours.
- Add shrimp & mussels to the slow cooker.
- Cook an additional 15-30 minutes or until shrimp are pink and mussels have opened.
Recipe Courtesy Of: Fit Slow Cooker Queen