Cilantro Lime Grilled Lobster
This recipe for Cilantro Lime Grilled Lobster Tails is the perfect combination of simplicity and sophistication.
Sizzlefish lobster tails are beautiful 5-6 oz lobster tails caught in the pristine, cold waters of eastern Canada. They have a deliciously mild, sweet, and distinctive flavor. Frozen raw and uncooked, they thaw easily and can be boiled, steamed, grilled or prepared your favorite way in minutes.
Which leads us to this incredible recipe for Cilantro Lime Grilled Lobster Tails. If you are looking for a fun easy recipe that really highlights warm weather and relaxation, this recipe is exactly what you need. Most people think of boiling lobster tails first, but grilling them adds such an amazing smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with the natural sweetness of the lobster meat. Then you slather this rich brightly flavored butter sauce all over those perfectly char-grilled lobster tails and you have created something magical. We suggest grilling up some fresh ears of corn and tossing together a crisp green salad to go along with the lobster tails. This recipe would also pair well with a grilled surf and turn meal. Take a seat outside and enjoy all that summer has to offer. This really is the perfect summer meal.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 Sizzlefish Lobster Tails
- 1 Lime, zested and juiced
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- ¼ cup Chopped Cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Lime Wedges, to garnish
- In a small bowl, zest and juice the lime. Place the butter in a small saucepan. Heat on low heat to melt. When the butter has melted, add the lime zest and juice to the pan and stir well. Remove from heat and set aside while you prepare the lobster tail.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Oil the grill grates to keep the lobster from sticking.
- To prepare the lobster, split tails in half lengthwise. Next, gently loosen the lobster meat, but don’t remove it from the shell. Lightly oil the lobster meat and season the flesh with salt and pepper.
- Place the lobster tails on the heated grill meat side down. Grill for about 3-4 minutes or until you get a nice char on the meat and it comes off the grill grates easily. Turn the tails over and grill for another 4 minutes or until cooked through and shells turn red. The internal temperature should reach 140-145 degrees.
- Remove the lobster tails from the grill. Place on a serving dish meat side up.
- While the meat rests for a minute. Turn the butter back on low heat if needed to heat slightly. Once heated and melted, add the freshly chopped cilantro to the butter. Evenly distribute the cilantro-lime butter sauce over the lobster meat while still warm. Serve with fresh lime wedges.
Shop Grilling Favorites
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.