Grouper Fish Tacos Recipe
We love a good family meal and believe you can never go wrong with fish tacos. If you’re looking for a fun healthy crowd-pleaser, this recipe for Grouper Fish Tacos is exactly what you are looking for.
Red Grouper is a firm textured, flaky, white meat fish known for its versatility and exquisite taste. Here at Sizzlefish, our Red Grouper has a slightly sweeter, milder flavor compared to its black grouper counterpart. That makes our red grouper perfect in this fish taco recipe. The combination of warm smoky spices and the slightly sweet grouper fillets perfectly complement each other. We baked the perfectly seasoned grouper fillets and vegetables for a couple of reasons. We love the crust the seasonings make on the fillets and by roasted the vegetable with the grouper, you get added flavor from the caramelized vegetables. Also, by roasting all of this together on a sheet pan, you get the time to throw the slaw ingredients together without having to watch over the fish while it cooks. Perfect, right?! The plump firmness of the grouper fillets hold up well against the soft corn tortillas. Top that off with the crisp freshness of the slaw…irresistible deliciousness in your hand!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
Fish Taco Ingredients
- 4 4oz Sizzlefish Grouper Fillets
- 6 Miniature Sweet Peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Lime, zested and juiced
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
Cabbage Slaw Ingredients
- 1/4 Small Purple Cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
- 1/4 Small Green Cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 Shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/2 Bunch Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Lime, zested and juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ½ Pint Cherry Tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 2 Medium Avocado, diced
- Lime Wedges
- Hot Sauce, optional
- 16 Soft Corn Tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Evenly space the grouper fillets on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Evenly distribute the sliced peppers, minced garlic, and sliced shallot over and around the grouper fillets.
- In a small dish, combine the cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Evenly season the grouper and vegetables with the seasoning mix. Pour the olive oil over the top or the fillets and vegetables.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 min or until the internal temperature of the grouper reaches 145 degrees.
- While the grouper fillets bake, make the slaw by placing the sliced cabbages, sliced shallot, minced garlic, chopped cilantro lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Add optional hot sauce to taste.
- When the grouper fillets are done, remove them from the oven and roughly chop into large pieces. Build you tacos layering the grouper with the slaw. Add fresh tomato slices, avocado, and freshly squeezed lime juice.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.