A traditional Asian dish gets a fish makeover! Add rockfish to this flavorful and easy one-pan sweet and sour dish. Serve over white rice, brown rice noodles, zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 rockfish filets, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ½ cups pineapple, diced
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. gluten free soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. tapioca flour
- ¼ cup orange or pineapple juice
- Pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Pat the rockfish filets dry with paper towels. Place in an oven safe dish, sprinkle with pepper and place orange or pineapple juice in the dish. Marinating in the juice 20 minutes ahead of time can also be done to enhance the flavor!
- Bake the fish at 350 F 30 minutes.
- While the fish bakes, combine the rice wine vinegar, oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and tapioca flour in a saucepan. Bring to medium heat and whisk together until the tapioca flour is incorporated and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Place the minced garlic and bell pepper in the pan. Sauté 5-7 minutes until the pepper is tender.
- Add the pineapple to the saucepan and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the oven and serve with the sauce over white rice, brown rice noodles, zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice.