Butternut Squash Sablefish Soup cooked in one pot, bathed in coconut milk and seasoned with cumin, turmeric, paprika, and parsley. Loaded with anti-inflammatory properties and high in omega-3 healthy fat. A healthy lunch or dinner that’s sure to warm you up!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 packages sablefish, thawed
- 1 medium butternut squash
- ½ cup shallots
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
How to Make It
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice the butternut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds, then place flesh side down on the baking sheet.
3. Bake 40-45 minutes until squash is tender.
4. Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes before removing the flesh and slicing into cubes.
5. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Place extra virgin olive oil, onion and garlic in the pan.
6. Sauté 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent.
7. Next add squash, cumin, turmeric, paprika, salt, and pepper. Simmer another 2-3 minutes.
8. While the squash cooks, remove the skin from the fish and cut into 1-inch pieces.
9. Place fish in the pot with water and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
10. Bring the pot to a boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer. Simmer 15 minutes covered until fragrant.
11. Stir in the dried parsley and serve immediately with fresh parsley for garnish.