Butternut Squash Sablefish Soup
Butternut Squash Sablefish Soup cooked in one pot, bathed in coconut milk and seasoned with cumin, turmeric, paprika, and parsley. Loaded with anti-inflammatory properties and high in omega-3 healthy fat. A healthy lunch or dinner that’s sure to warm you up!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 packages sablefish, thawed
- 1 medium butternut squash
- ½ cup shallots
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
How to Make It
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice the butternut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds, then place flesh side down on the baking sheet.
3. Bake 40-45 minutes until squash is tender.
4. Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes before removing the flesh and slicing into cubes.
5. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Place extra virgin olive oil, onion and garlic in the pan.
6. Sauté 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent.
7. Next add squash, cumin, turmeric, paprika, salt, and pepper. Simmer another 2-3 minutes.
8. While the squash cooks, remove the skin from the fish and cut into 1-inch pieces.
9. Place fish in the pot with water and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
10. Bring the pot to a boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer. Simmer 15 minutes covered until fragrant.
11. Stir in the dried parsley and serve immediately with fresh parsley for garnish.
This recipe is delish. Simple and light, yet full of flavors that nicely compliment the sable fish. And so healthy with all the right stuff in this bowl. This one definitely calls for a repeat performance.
Leave a comment