Sablefish Salade Nicoise
- 4 oz sablefish (sizzlefish)
- ½ cup french green beans (lightly steamed or raw)
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 2-3 tbsp chopped olives
- 2 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds (to replace the anchovies)
- 3-4 cup mixed greens or butter lettuce
- ½ cup chopped boiled squash or sweet potato (seasoned with black pepper and garlic)
- sea salt
- fresh basil
- 1 tbsp red palm oil
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp garlic and onion seasoning
- lemon juice
- For the Dressing:
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- dash of sea salt
- dash of onion powder
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- First, if you haven't already cooked your potato or squash, you can simply chop them steam in microwave bowl for 2-3 minutes. I seasoned mine with a little black pepper and sea salt after. You can also slightly steam your green beans, but make sure they are still crunchy.
- For the fish, heat a skillet on medium heat. Add in your palm oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and dash of sea salt. Cook on medium to medium high for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Mine took about 10 minutes. The flesh will be flaky and buttery.
- Once everything is cooked, place your greens in a bowl, arrange your squash/potatoes within the greens, then add in your tomatoes and beans. Next, sliced your cooked fish and place on top with the olives and sunflower seeds. Add lemon juice on top.
- The dressing is pretty simple. You just mix the ingredients listed above into a small jar. Pour half or all over salad. How ever much you prefer. Top with a few fresh basil leaves.
- This serves 1 big salad or 2 smaller salads.
Recipe Credits: Lindsay @ Cotter Crunch
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.