These Delectable Salmon Cakes feature Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon from Sizzlefish. A truly divine dish, perfect for breakfast utilizing from leftovers from the night before. Try elevating by topping it off with an over-easy egg and spinach with avocado. Make it into a gluten free friendly lettuce wrap for lunch with your favorite sauce drizzled over.
- 8 oz cooked Wild Alaskan Salmon
- 2 tbsp cassava flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp diced chives
- 2 tbsp finely diced mushrooms
- 1 tsp+ Cajun spice (or fav spicy seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1-2 tbsp ghee
- Warm ghee in cast iron skillet. Keep heat/flame on medium.
- Combine all ingredients with a fork (except ghee) in a mixing bowl, making sure to break down the salmon.
- Using a large scooper, add 4 mounds of salmon mixture to the heated cast iron pan. With a rubber spatula, carefully flatten salmon rounds to about 1/4 inch in thickness. Cook about 3 minutes.
- Turn over and cook another 3 minutes until golden.
- Serve with eggs, in between your favorite buns or eat on its own with greens or your favorite dipping sauce.
Recipe Credits: Cocos Paleo Kitchen