Crockpot Fire Roasted Shrimp Tacos
Crockpot Roasted Shrimp Tacos is a simple and flavorful shrimp recipe that combines seafood with a Mexican classic. The blend of flavors makes this the perfect recipe for almost any occasion, and it is simple enough that anyone can easily make and assemble.
- 11 oz medium peeled frozen raw shrimp (see notes below for fresh shrimp)
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted stewed tomatoes (diced work best)
- 2 tbsp spicy salsa
- 5 oz or ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- dash of sea salt and black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ to ½ tsp chili pepper or cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 3-4 tbsp chopped cilantro (2 tbsp goes on top)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- optional toppings - feta, avocado, chili pepper, etc.
- layer your raw frozen shrimp at the bottom of pot. drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add in your sea salt and pepper and mix around shrimp. If you are using frozen shrimp, then drain your tomato juice first, then add in your tomatoes and the rest of your ingredients, including your seasoning.
- Mix again and cook in crock pot on low for 3-4 hrs. Or high for 2 hours.
- Note that 2 tbsp cilantro goes in the mix and 1-2 tbsp on top for garnish.
- Serve with gluten free corn or paleo tortillas, rice, and avocado!
use sizzlefish wild caught shrimp
for best flavor and freshness!
If you want to use fresh shrimp, be sure to watch the crock pot as it will cook faster and you don't want the shrimp to get tough. Keep the juice from the tomatoes if you are using fresh. Then Cook on low and check after an hour. It will probably take no longer than 2 hrs depending on your low setting.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.