Parchment Baked Rainbow Trout
This recipe for Parchment Baked Rainbow Trout is incredibly easy, ready in less than 30 minutes, perfectly delicious and super healthy.
Have you ever cooked your fish in parchment paper? It’s a lot of fun. It’s like getting a present for supper. There is nothing more satisfying than closing up that flavorful package, to then cut it open to reveal a beautifully cooked meal. Don’t be afraid of this one. The steam in the package helps to keep these rainbow trout fillets nice and moist while they cook. So, no need to worry about drying out your fish.
Sizzlefish’s artisanally raised rainbow trout is a mild delicate fish that has been raised for more than a century around the world, in the cool mountain river and stream waters. Our rainbow trout are raised on an old fashioned family farm in Buhl, Idaho. Each of our fillets is perfectly portioned to at least 4 ounces, which means you get you are getting at least 21 grams of protein or more per serving! That makes rainbow trout is a delicious healthy meal option. Each fillet is packed with protein and essential Omega-3 fatty acids, as well as potassium – all of which can help manage high blood pressure, improve muscle strength and boost metabolism. Our rainbow trout is also loaded with phosphorus, as well as being a good source of vitamins B6, B12, pantothenic acid, and selenium.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 4oz Sizzlefish Rainbow Trout Fillets
- 6 Slices of Lemon
- 1 Lemon, zested
- 1 Shallot or Small Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 TBSP Fresh Dill, chopped
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 large pieces Parchment Paper
- 1 ½ cup Cooked Blackeyed Peas
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Red Pepper, cut to small dice
- ½ cup Fresh Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Place the parchment paper on your work surface. Fold the paper in half. Cut the paper in a half heart shape.
- Place in order the shallots, lemon slices, rainbow trout fillet, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, dill, and then garlic on one half of the paper.
- Fold the other half over the fillet. To seal the packet, start at the smaller end of the paper and make a fold. Continue folding around the paper making small folds. The smaller the fold, the tighter the seal will be. Follow all along until you reach the top and fold the last part under the packet.
- Do the same with the second fillet.
- Place both packets on a sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- While this bakes, make your blackeyed pea salad by combining the blackeyed peas with the spinach, red peppers and cherry tomatoes – reserving a little bit of the red peppers and tomatoes for garnish on the salad.
- When the fish is cooked, remove the fillets for the pan and carefully, with a pair of kitchen shears, cut a line on top of the packet. Pull the packet open to reveal your beautiful fillets.
Order Rainbow Trout
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.