Salmon gets a “cheesy” kick in this Keto friendly recipe. Stuffed with cream cheese and kale for a quick meal. A delicious way to eat salmon!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 salmon filets thawed
- 2/3 cup kale shredded with ribs removed
- 2 tbsp. ghee melted
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature (use a dairy-free cream cheese such as Kite Hill brand to make this Whole30 compliant)
- 2 tbsp. garlic minced
- Sliced lemons for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the ghee in a cast iron skillet or other oven-safe skillet.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, minced garlic and kale. Set aside.
- Place the salmon filets on a cutting board and cut a slit into the side of the salmon filet about ¾ of the way through. Do not open all the way or the cream cheese mixture will fall out.
- Stuff the salmon with the cream cheese mixture by spooning it into the slot in the side of the salmon. Use your fingers to pack it in well. It’s ok if some mixture is hanging out.
- Sprinkle the top of the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes until salmon is cooked through.
- Serve immediately with sliced lemons on top.