Rated 4.5 stars by 2 users
Grilled salmon kebabs are a delicious addition to your favorite grilled recipes. Salmon grills up quickly for an easy seafood meal complete with vegetables and a sweet and spicy Asian basting sauce that doubles as a marinade!
The salmon takes on a rich flavor with notes of garlic and tangy pineapple after being marinated in a pineapple sriracha marinade. Combined with the sweetness of brown sugar and the savory soy sauce, these kebabs offer a complex and enjoyable eating experience.
About King Salmon
Wild-caught Alaska king salmon, sometimes known as Chinook salmon, contains the highest omega-3 levels of all the wild Alaska salmon species. It is a species of fish that is highly regarded for its flavor and texture. Ours is troll-caught using individual lures and lines and portioned into perfect four to five-ounce servings for your convenience.
Health Benefits of Salmon
Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, vitamins, and minerals. It's known for its heart-healthy benefits and can be a nutritious part of a balanced diet.
Marinating Fish: Why It’s Beneficial
- Flavor Enhancement: Infuses the fish with complex flavors.
- Tenderness: Makes the fish more tender and succulent.
- Moisture Retention: Prevents drying out during cooking.
- Customization: Allows various taste combinations.
- Masking Fishy Odors: Reduces or masks odors.
- Quick and Easy Preparation: Requires minimal effort during cooking.
- Healthier Option: Adds flavor without excessive oil or salt.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use another type of fish for these kebabs?
- Yes, other firm fish like swordfish or tuna can be substituted for salmon. Adjustments to marinating time may be needed.
- What other vegetables can I use?
- You can experiment with other vegetables like zucchini, mushrooms, or cherry tomatoes to match your preferences.
- Can I prepare these kebabs in advance?
- You can prepare and marinate the salmon in advance, but it's best to grill them just before serving to ensure the best texture and flavor.
- How can I make this recipe spicier or sweeter?
- You can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less brown sugar, and the spiciness by altering the amount of sriracha sauce or adding chili flakes.
While this recipe calls for King Salmon, other firm fish like swordfish or tuna can be used. You can also experiment with different vegetables or alternative marinade ingredients, such as honey instead of brown sugar, or chili flakes instead of sriracha.
4 Sizzlefish King Salmon portions
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp sriracha sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup cubed bell pepper
1 cup cubed red onion
Sesame seeds for garnishing
Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, sriracha and garlic powder in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat and steaming. Whisk to dissolve brown sugar. Remove from heat. Cool sauce to room temperature. Reserve 2 tablespoons of marinade for brushing.
Slice salmon into cubes and remove skin. Add to a shallow dish.
Pour cooled sauce over salmon and marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
Thread salmon onto 8-inch skewers alternating with bell pepper and onion.
Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high heat and grease with cooking oil. Add salmon skewers to hot grill and cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn and cook 3-4 minutes longer. Brush kebabs with reserved sauce.
Serve hot garnished with sesame seeds.
- Serving Size
- 1 Serving
- per serving
- 7 grams
- 16 grams
- 30 grams