A healthy version of Chinese takeout, this Gluten Free Kung Pao Shrimp is healthy, soy free and dairy free. Sweet, spicy and ready in 20 minutes!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
IngredientsFor the Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp deveined, tails removed
- 2 zucchinis chopped
- 2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup peanuts or omit for nut free
- 2 scallions diced
- 1/2 cup brown rice
For the Kung Pao Sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Sriracha or to taste
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Add the rice to a pot of boiling water according to package instructions.
- Bring a large skillet to medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, zucchini, and bell pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cook the veggies 5 minutes or until slightly tender. While the veggies cook, stir together the ingredients for the sauce - coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, almond butter, ginger, and Sriracha.
- Add the sauce and the shrimp to the skillet. Stir to combine. Cook 5 minutes or until the shrimp is opaque. Stir in the peanuts and scallions.
- Serve immediately over rice or cauliflower rice for low carb/Paleo.
Recipe courtesy of SkinnyFitaLicious