This recipe serves 2
Looking for a new and exciting take on Sizzlefish Atlantic Cod? Try out this full-bodied recipe the hits every taste bud. The sweetness of the fish combined with savory parmesan cheese, makes for a protein-flavor packed meal that you can cook up in minutes! You can easily make this gluten-free by substituting almond or pecan meal for the bread crumbs. Garnish the tomatoes with the fresh basil and olive oil to brighten the flavors and enhance your presentation.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 portions of Atlantic Cod, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quarterd (or 2 small tomatoes, diced)
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil, plus more for topping
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a cookie sheet with foil.
- In a shallow pan, heat the balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it starts to simmer and reduces by half.
- Remove from heat to thicken up.
- Meanwhile, mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Lay the cod on the foil and brush tops with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and top with the breadcrumb mixture, pushing down to create a thick crust.
- Spray tops with nonstick spray and bake 15-20 minutes, or until browned and fish is cooked, slightly opaque.
- While the fish is cooking, mix together the avocado, tomatoes, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- When fish is done, serve with Avocado Bruschetta Mixture and drizzle the balsamic reduction over top. Garnish with more basil, if desired.
Recipe Credits: Blake at The Gourmet Peasant