This savory dish combines plump mussels and sausage in a homemade Italian tomato sauce. Serve as a stew, over spiralized or steamed veggies or with rice for an easy, healthy 15-minute meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 lb. mussels rinsed & scrubbed
- ½ lb. sausage, sliced in quarter in pieces
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 14 oz. jar crushed tomatoes
- 1 8 oz. jar diced chilies
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- fresh basil for garnish
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make It:
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and sausage. Cook until sausage is browned about 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and diced chilies. Bring to simmer and add mussels.
- Once simmering, reduce to a low heat cooking another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately and garnish with fresh basil.