Honey Balsamic Salmon & Grilled Peach Salad with Prosciutto & Candied Pecans
For the pecans
- ¼ cup pecan halves
- 1 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
For the Salad
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 2 pieces Sizzlefish wild salmon (skin on or off), 4-6 oz each
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 large peach, halved
- 2-4 Tbsp Tessemae’s Honey Balsamic Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. If desired, heat up your grill for the peaches.
- First, make the pecans: in a small skillet, heat 1 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil. When it’s hot, add the pecans and coconut sugar. Toss for about 1-2 minutes, until the pecans are lightly toasted and all the coconut sugar is sticking to them. Remove from the heat and set the pecans aside.
- Rub the peaches in the pan you used to make the pecans, so they get a little coating of oil. Grill the peaches for a few minutes until grill marks appear, then set aside.*
- When the oven is ready, heat a cast iron or other oven-proof skillet on medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp coconut oil or ghee for 2 minutes, so it gets really hot.
- Season the salmon on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon skin side down in the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Then, transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 4 minutes.
- Take the salmon out, carefully flip the fillets over, and cook for another minute in the oven. You want the fish to still be slightly pink in the middle - think of cooking a burger to about medium - instead of overcooking it so it’s completely dried out!
- Move the salmon to a plate and test out the middle with a fork - if it flakes easily, it’s done!
- Place the slices of prosciutto on the still hot cast iron until cooked through and almost crispy - this will take about a minute. Allow it to cool slightly, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Assemble the salads: start with a bed of greens, then add the salmon, half of the peach, the chopped prosciutto, pecans, and a drizzle of dressing. Done and devour!
Note: sometimes I get too lazy to heat up the grill, so I’ll just sear the peaches in the same pan I used to candy the pecans!
Recipe Credits: Dana at www.realfoodwithdana.com
More from: Gluten Free High Protein Salmon
Leave a comment