Creamy coconut milk soup with leeks, spiralized sweet potato, and mussels! A spin on the Scottish soup, Cullen skink that’s made with few ingredients and unexpectedly delicious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
1 lb. pack of mussels, scrubbed and rinsed
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1 leek, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. minced garlic
2 bays leafs
3 cups unsweetened coconut milk
1 medium sweet potato, spiralized
black pepper to taste
dried parsley for garnish
How to Make It
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat with coconut oil.
- Place sliced leek and minced garlic in the pan and cook 4 minutes until fragrant.
- Add 2 cups of the milk with bay leaf and black pepper. Simmer over medium heat until thick 8-10 minutes.
- Add spiralized sweet potato and mussels to the pan with the remaining milk. Cover and reduce heat to low, cooking another 3-4 minutes until mussels open. Discard mussels that do not open.
- Serve immediately garnished with dried or fresh parsley.