This Spicy Thai Shrimp & Grits is the ultimate comfort food. A southern classic made with rich and spicy flavors that takes 15 minutes to make.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 packages shrimp, thawed
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. lime zest
- ½ cup quick cooking grits
- 2 cups water
- Optional: sliced chili peppers for serving
How to Make It
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the chili powder, paprika, cumin and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix together then add the shrimp and coat it liberally with the seasoning.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet in a single layer. Cook the shrimp 2-3 minutes then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes then remove from the heat.
- While the shrimp is cooking, start the grits by adding the grits and water to a pan and bring to a boil. Whisk the grits together as it boils to fully incorporate into the water.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover, cooking another 5 minutes until thick.
- Divide the grits into 2 bowls, top each bowl with half the shrimp. Add lime zest over the shrimp and grits. Serve with sliced chili peppers as desired.